Creekside Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CreekSide Shadow, Semi realistic wolf Rp.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Main den

Go down 
+3
Ahora
Reyas
Brook
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Reyas

Reyas

The Main den - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 pm

☿ R E Y A S ☿

The multicolored fae almost laughed at Bramble's caring mood.  It seems I have woken her... I should have let her sleep.  Rey thought to herself.  The huntress looked worn out, but Reyas was grateful for her cause.  "You're alright! Oh my, I was howling almost all night."  Yeah... sorry about that.  Reyas flattened her ears, grimacing.  The beta's tail flicked every now and then, and she didn't seem to see Brook, Ahora, Juniper, or Anslo anywhere near.  They must be sleeping.  Tá áthas orm roinnt de na comhaltaí phacáiste fuair roinnt codlata. Rey's emerald optics watched Bramble as she paced back and forth.  "Well, are you alright? What happened to the both of you?"

Rey was about to explain her absence when Bramble started conversing again.  She couldn't help but smile.  "Why did y'all leave?! You had to have known a storm was coming, but you both left without telling anyone!"  Reyas cleared her throat.  "I'm afraid that last bit is my fault.  I should have told someone where I was going before I did-- I thought I could use some medical supplies for my shoulder and I didn't realize the storm was going to be as bad as it was."  The beta dipped her head.  "I'd found what I was looking for, but then the winds started picking up and rain started to fall and I couldn't see where I was going." Reyas chuckled.  "I couldn't even find my way back, nor did I hear your howls."  Rey perceived that Bramble had stayed awake and wasted her night in vain.  Again... my fault.  Reyas tipped her head and glanced at Shield, meeting his eyes for a few minutes.  "I suppose I could have been injured worse... if it hadn't been for Shield.  He found me and we took shelter in a small cave near Otehi Rock, spent the night in there."

Rey looked at Shield.  "Thank you."  She said.  I never got the chance to say it.  I still need to apologize to Anslo as well, wherever he is.  The beta held the hunter's gaze while waiting for Bramble to reply, or even Shield himself.

Mentioned: Brook, Shield, Anslo, Juniper, Ahora, Bramble (so everyone)
Addressed: Shield, Bramble
Notes: cough cough
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Shield couldn't help to smile. You're welcome, Rey. he said to the beta. He glanced into her eyes for a minute and then looked back to the huntress. I apologize for just leaving, Bramble. I went to warn Ahora, but thought I could bring back Reyas in time as well... he said looking down to his paws. He looks back at the beta next to him. What do you think we do about that... that shadow from last night? he asks her.

Mentioned: Ahora
Addressed: Reyas, Bramble
Notes: Sorry for short post I can only go on quick
Back to top Go down
Bramble

Bramble

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 7:25 am

"I couldn't even find my way back, nor did I hear your howls." Bramble's head dipped a bit at hearing this news. Well at least they ended up alright...

"I suppose I could have been injured worse... if it hadn't been for Shield.  He found me and we took shelter in a small cave near Otehi Rock, spent the night in there." And apparently that's what Shield was doing.She couldn't really be mad at the two of them, they had earnest intentions.

"I apologize for just leaving, Bramble. I went to warn Ahora, but thought I could bring back Reyas in time as well..." Bramble noticed he himself was holding an ashamed position, staring at his own paws. "What do you think we do about that... that shadow from last night?"

My nose wasn't deceiving me! I thought Rey smelled a bit weird. "Shadow? Did you both have an encounter?"

Addressed: Reyas and Shield
Mentioned: X
Notes: Bramble is sniffing out the culprit lol. Go baby go.
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 12:37 pm

☿ R E Y A S ☿

"You're welcome, Rey." Shield smiled and Reyas looked away. "I apologize for just leaving, Bramble. I went to warn Ahora, but thought I could bring back Reyas in time as well..." Diabhal é nach ceart dó a bheith buartha mar gheall orm. Rey cursed in her mind. Before the multicolored beta could make an excuse to get away into her usual solitude, she was asked yet another question. By Shield. "What do you think we do about that... that shadow from last night?" Rey's head jerked up, and she cast a sharp sidelong glance at the hunter. Choimeád ciúin amadán tú do you want to alarm everyone? Rey thought but before she could defuse the situation Bramble intervened. "Shadow? Did you both have an encounter?"

Reyas sighed. She hadn't wanted to tell anyone about it; both to protect them and keep them from worrying, yet she had told Shield, and now Bramble knew as well. The multicolored fae looked seriously at the both of them. "...Yes. And no. I think I was the only one to encounter this... shadow. It wasn't for long, just long enough so that I could get away from whatever it was." Rey lowered her tone. "I would like to keep this between us. And Brook, of course. There's no need to alarm Juniper, Ahora, and Anslo. Not yet, anyway. We have no idea what we're up against, nor if we're up against anything at all. We do not even know if this... shadow is a threat." Reyas's tail twitched, and she waited for a response from either Shield or Bramble.

Mentioned: Brook, Ahora, Juniper, Anslo
Addressed: Shield, Bramble
Notes: X

Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Shield lowered his head. I apologize for talking so loudly, Reyas. he said to the beta. He shook his head to restore his eyes sight, since it kept blurring. I'm gonna take a rest, I'm exhausted. he said and walked to the wall. He laid down there and rested his head between his paws. He might of slept in the cave, but the storm had him so worried it didn't help much. Not to mention the dreams he had.

Addressed: Reyas
Notes: Sorry for short post I didn't sleep well...
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:42 am

☿ R E Y A S ☿

The multicolored beta blinked as Shield apologized. "I apologize for talking so loudly Reyas." Rey was about to say it was no big deal, that Bramble was bound to find out eventually, but Shield walked away, probably to sleep. Damnaigh can I never do things right? Rey shook her head, angry at herself. Hopefully Shield wasn't mad at her. Knowing the type of wolf he was, he probably wouldn't act hostile towards Rey.

A sudden feeling of dizziness took Reyas by surprise, as if the ground beneath her had given away to nothingness. Her head hurt; not in the way one's head would throb from contact, but a more lightheadedness feeling that Reyas wasn't sure how to get rid of. Maybe I should go lie down for a bit. Rey thought, then looked to Bramble, who hadn't responded in a while. "I'm going to rest... I don't think I got much sleep. Reyas, surprisingly, had actually slept quite well the previous night, despite her nightmares. But the feeling of lightheadedness was not going away. I need a healer... when Ahora comes back could you tell her I was looking for her? Rey sent a grimace that was supposed to be a smile in Bramble's direction.

Walking past where Shield had layed down to rest, Rey walked further into the trees until she was just out of sight from the den. Then she dropped to the ground with a little crash, her eyes closing into sleep. Much better... Rey thought as she drifted off.

Mentioned: Shield, Ahora
Addressed: Bramble
Notes: Dont worry about Rey, its nothing serious just fatigue xD
Back to top Go down
Juniper

Juniper

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Juniper awoke with a loud, deep yawn, her jaws parted to show her sharp, yellowed teeth. Lifting her head, she scanned the den with her sharp golden eyes. Morning light was seeping into the cave, and it seemed that the missing wolves had returned from their insane, horribly-timed camp-out. The old female broke into a half-smile, glad that their heads hadn't gotten smashed by hail. As she tried to lift herself to her paws, her neck gave an uncomfortable crack. Must be getting old, she thought, scrunching her face in discomfort as she shakily eased herself to her paws. Rain must have done it, she thought as she stretched, which didn't end up helping. All of the older wolves she had encountered had complained that moisture made their joints painful and bones tender. Juniper had simply snorted at such things until now. Sighing, she stiffly made her way over to the Beta, planning to ask her why she had stayed out in such a storm, only to see that she was fast asleep. Unsure what to do next, she walked to the entrance of the den and glanced out towards the creek, the gurgling water in the distance helping her think. I think I heard there was a hot-springs in the territory, she thought, laying her ears flat at the thought of soaking in hot, bubbling water like an Elder. Well, she sighed inwardly, I can't do my job if I can't move, can I? Making up her mind, she glanced towards Bramble, saying simply "If anyone asks where I am, tell them I went to the hot-springs," before trotting away in a random direction. I've got all day, she thought as the den faded out of view. Plus, she thought with a small smile, if I walk enough, it might loosen things up so I don't have to look like a leisurely Elder taking a soak.

Bramble.
Notes:
My next post will be at Tatanka Springs.
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 7:28 am

Anslo awoke a little ways from the den, nestled comfortably into a bush. He yawned, coming back to his senses, and wondered briefly why he wasn't in the den. As his memory returned, the warrior remembered leaving the den during the night, when the storm was easing up. Before leaving, he had looked around and seen that Shield and Reyas were still unaccounted for. To ease his worry, he had told himself that they had found some shelter for the night.

Carefully, so as not to disturb the others, he had padded out into the then gently falling rain. This was the kind of weather he enjoyed, and Anslo had sat out in it for a while, letting himself get drenched. He loved the soft patter of rain on the earth and the wind was now only enough to rustle his fur.

It had still been dark out when he'd left the den, but by the time he settled into the bush, the sun was just beginning to lighten the sky. He hadn't wanted to track water into the den with his soaking coat, so the bush had to do as a makeshift shelter.

Now, with the early morning sun shining, Anslo was mostly dry and he reckoned he ought to return to the den before his absence was noticed. By the time he got there, however, he noticed most of the others were already up. Passing an exiting Juniper, he entered the den and was relived to see that Reyas and Shield had returned unharmed. He offered both of them a half-smile, but they looked ready for some proper rest, so he left them be.

Trotting over to Bramble, he greeted the huntress with a nod and spoke, "I am going to go out and wander for a bit; see what sort of mess the storm has made."

With that, Anslo turned and left the den once more, his gait easy and relaxed. As a warrior, it was his duty to look after the pack's territory, and he supposed that could also include checking up on everything to make sure the storm hadn't left a bunch of debris over their grounds.  He would start with Foxglove, then maybe head to the Springs, and work his way around the territory from there.

-Next post will be in FoxGlove Meadow-
____
Mentioned: Juniper, Shield, Reyas
Addressed: Bramble
Notes: Hi guys. I'm back.

Last edited by Anslo on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 8:14 am

☿ R E Y A S ☿

The multicolored fae awoke from her slumber groggily, as she saw that her head was in a puddle of her own drool. Eww... Rey thought as she got up and shook herself off. Putting on her responsible beta-like face, Reyas walked out of the trees to see that Shield was still asleep, and Bramble was still standing where she had last been. Juniper was up as well. I should probably get washed up... when's the last time I cleaned myself? Reyas thought. Nodding to Bramble, Reyas set off to find a water source. Cherokee Creek, perhaps? With a sniff from her nose Rey could tell that Juniper was headed towards the springs, and she didn't really want to be around anyone right now.

Hopping off of a small rock, Rey noted that Anslo was heading off as well. Shaking her head, Rey would head towards Cherokee Creek, which was north of the den, wrapping around it and heading throughout all the territory. It mainly ran through the Foxglove Meadow, where it was at it's widest. Reyas decided to go there, as she desperately needed to clean the bloodstains out of her fur from her shoulder. There were also nice tall, stocky trees on the outside of the Foxglove Meadow that would serve as sparring practice. After all, before Reyas became a beta, she was the best warrior in her birth pack. She needed to brush up on her skills.
Mentioned: Shield, Juniper, Anslo, Bramble
Addressed: Bramble sort of
Notes: I will post at Cherokee Creek, then Foxglove Meadows, since they kind of intercept
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:46 am

Shield woke from his rest and lifted his head. Not much have happened since his thoughts drifted away, only Juniper and Reyas leaving. He sees Anslo giving him a half-smile and smirks back to him. He gets up and stretches. He feels his ribs roaring from pain and he lets out a frown. His ribs are only getting worse. He looks around to make sure no one notices him in pain and takes a few steps to the mouth of the den. He stands there for a while and then starts to walk into the territory. I'm going out, see you all later. is all he said. He knew he was going to the hot spring to just relief a bit of his pain, but didn't want to show any weakness. He gives a light walk-trot off to the warm spring as fast as he could with his pain.

Mentioned: Reyas, Juniper, Anslo, Bramble (kind of)
Addressed: X
Notes: My next post will be in Tatanka Springs
Back to top Go down
Bramble

Bramble

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 3:56 pm

She saw everyone off, saying good-bye to each and every wolf that left. She stretched, licking her muzzle, still hungry from the night before. She looked left and right, before approaching the elk carcass. If no one knows, it's not a bad thing right? Plus it's for the pack, we don't want it spoiling before anyone enjoys it! She ferociously chowed down on the elk, her tail wagging back and forth. No good to go hunting on an empty stomach. Though it seems food is aplenty here, and Shield is probably going hunt crazy. Unsure what to do, she went off for a walk, unsure of her destination. All she knew is that she was going to patrol, even if they didn't know what it was, something must've been out there.

Addressed: X
Notes: I'm unsure where I'm putting her, but I'll let y'all know when I think of something.
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 5:19 am

The beta found herself walking alongside the older healer, still fuming. She had no idea what had happened in the last few minutes, except that she had lost her cool. Like always. She had felt closed in, challenged, and for a moment, like Shield was turning into... she shook her head again. She would not compare the hunter to the wolf in her past life, no matter how angry she was with him. It simply did not matter. Already Rey had begun to calm down... but she was nowhere near to regretting speaking to Shield as fiercely as she did. Le haghaidh an grá Dia , tá mé aon maith ag socializing . Fós bhí sé immature air a labhairt liom mar a rinne sé ... mar a bhí mé a comhionann . Oró mo . Ní féidir liom chreideann mo thuairimse mar sin. Tá mé a chomhionann , ní roinnt cumhachta beta ocras cosúil Crin... Rey ranted in her head.

Juniper spoke, surprising the multicolored fae out of her banter. "You are a Beta," She began. "Your job is to fight, of course. But your job is also to keep the peace," Rey's face fell. Indeed it was. She was not to lead others into trepidation but to safety. And she had failed. A sudden sense of failure ran over the beta. I don't know how to keep the peace.... what if I never learn? "To keep the peace between packs; but also between your own pack-mates. The last thing any pack need, is a fight. Especially between its own members." Reyas looked at the ground, guilty. This was her fault, yes. But she had no knowledge of how to make it otherwise. She had been bred to defend herself, not let others in and be kind and understanding to them.

"That does not mean you cannot defend your rank if you feel challenged, but you cannot stoop to their level like I saw earlier; shoulders low and snarling. Go about it with pride and honor, and do not let your feelings get in the way, no matter how you feel about them. They are your pack, Reyas, not your enemies. You do not need to hurt them." Reyas looked the fisher in the eyes with her emerald ones. "Juniper... I do not know how to not hurt them. I was bred to be a warrior, not a Beta, yet here I am. I fear I have misunderstood my ranking, and dishonored it." Rey looked to the ground again, feeling like a pup. Foolish.

"Be a Beta worth looking up to, not simply feared or hated. I do not know of your past, or even of how you came to be here, but now, you are our Beta, Reyas. You are one of us." Rey stiffened. She would not think of her past, nor speak it. You are one of us. Juniper's words rang out. I don't deserve to be. "What do I do? I snapped at Shield, yes. How do I make ammends?" The beta asked as the two approached the den. Níl a fhios agam conas ammends a dhéanamh ná tá mé cinnte ba chóir dom iarracht a dhéanamh fiú . Le mo stair agus eolas a fhios agam nach bhfuil mé in ann nithe den sórt sin.

Mentioned: Shield
Addressed: Juniper
Notes: Sorry for crappy post.
Back to top Go down
Juniper

Juniper

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 7:30 am

The russet-colored Fisher perked her ears at Reyas question: "What do I do? I snapped at Shield, yes. How do I make ammends?" Juniper sighed and shook her head slowly before replying, "That, Reyas, is a hard question. I do not know Shield, not personally, so if I were to tell you how to apologize, it might only make him more angry. But, I always think a simple 'I'm sorry' is one of the best things you can say." With that, she looked down to her paws and gave a weak smile, her mind scolding her. do as I say, not as I do, right Juniper? it rebuked her. once again she sighed, and, her smile fading, she muttered slowly, "But it is also one of the hardest things to say." Looking back up at the Beta, Juniper said softly "Time also heals wounds. Not just physical wounds, but also cuts in the ties between two wolves." Then, after momentarily pausing to pointlessly shake her coat in attempt to get the wetness off her skin, she continued: "But sometimes, it leaves a scar behind; An awkwardness that would not be there if it were treated properly; acknowledged with an apology."   For a moment, she gave a light chuckle, thinking to herself Listen to me! Yammering on like an elder! And now I am laughing like a crazy old wolf! which I suppose I am. . .

As the two walked up to the mouth of the cave-den, and Juniper's crazy chuckling faded, she said gently, all of the harshness gone from her voice now, "You know Shield better than I do, so I think you will know better than I on how to make ammends. But, if you want to know what I have found to be true in my life, my experience, I find that it is always better to treat a wound instead of ignoring it; letting it fester and giving it a chance to become a bitter scar."   Yawning, she trotted inside the den, her claws clinking against the cold, moist stone. "But," she added as she eased herself into a laying position at the back of the den, "I would not recommend that you go to him now, he may still be angry at you, angry enough to ignore your apology, or even worse, launch back into the fight. Give it a bit of time."   Then, with another large yawn, she plopped her head onto her paws. That, she thought, is the most talking that I have done in a long, long time. After a short pause, she added, her voice echoing off of the cave walls: "If you need anything else, I'll be here." With that, she closed her eyes. Not yet letting herself drift into sleep, though, just in case the younger female needed anything else.

Reyas, Shield.
Notes:
I edited my last post so that, at the end of the post, Juniper kept walking beside Reyas instead of running off.
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 8:39 am

The adult walked beside the older female, finding an unusual comfort in talking to her. She was almost like a motherly figure, or the grandmother that Rey had never had. Her advice rang in Reyas's ears, until she was forced to mull over her options. "That, Reyas, is a hard question. I do not know Shield, not personally, so if I were to tell you how to apologize, it might only make him more angry. But, I always think a simple 'I'm sorry' is one of the best things you can say." A simple I'm sorry? Is that all it takes? Somehow Rey knew Juniper was getting at something else. Something that said a small apology could sometimes not be the best thing. The whole thing was completely new and foreign to Reyas; she had never known how to talk to others, much less give apologies. The thought alone made her stomach turn, giving herself the impression of one when they are sick. "But it is also one of the hardest things to say. Time also heals wounds. Not just physical wounds, but also cuts in the ties between two wolves." Reyas found herself looking down at the ground again. Conas a dhéanann duine leithscéal a ghabháil nuair a fhios acu siad ag dul díreach a praiseach suas arís? She thought, her tail flowing behind her while looking from the ground to the sky, it's color still a dull gray. She wasn't sure what Shield was doing, probably hating her guts. She was aware that Anslo had opted to stay with Shield, so he was probably hating her guts as well.

If only I was a bit more... likable. Reyas stopped, frozen cold. She'd never worried, not once in her lifetime, about what others thought about her. Why start now? She wondered. "But sometimes, it leaves a scar behind; An awkwardness that would not be there if it were treated properly; acknowledged with an apology." Juniper's warning caught on a bit, and Rey looked back down to the ground to meet the fisher's eyes. She's right. Tá sé go díreach cad a tharla le Balor... Reyas would not think of her past now. "You know Shield better than I do, so I think you will know better than I on how to make ammends. But, if you want to know what I have found to be true in my life, my experience, I find that it is always better to treat a wound instead of ignoring it; letting it fester and giving it a chance to become a bitter scar." Reyas nodded. She understood. Yet she didn't think the grayscale hunter was one to hold grudges, she could never be sure. Best to assume that he will and give him time. Meanwhile I'll just waste away in my cold shell. Rey thought sarcastically. She realized her and the fisher had come to the den, Juniper walking a bit ahead of her now. "If you need anything else, I'll be here." Rey nodded. "Thank you, Juniper. For everything." Giving a small smile, Rey turned and headed towards a small tree, not far from the den, and laid down to rest.

Mentioned: Shield, Anslo
Notes: Rey referring to Juniper like her 'grandmother' xDDD

Back to top Go down
Juniper

Juniper

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 9:30 am

"Thank you, Juniper. For everything." Said Reyas from across the den, her voice grateful. And before Juniper could come up with a response, her subconscious mind made one for her. "Anytime." The old Fisher heard herself say. Wrinkling her brow, she wondered about the words that she had just spoken--Why did I say that? This was meant to be a one-time thing, not an "anytime" thing! Sighing, she curled her tail underneath herself, thinking deeply. Rain still poured outside the rock shelter, but the tawny female paid it no mind--nor the chill of memories it brought ruffling through her fur. Not the time for that. . . she thought idly, opening her golden and amber flecked eyes and staring blankly out of the den, barely noticing Reyas lying under the small shelter of a young tree. I've never been the "Wise One", the wise one was always-- She stopped herself, lifting her head and shaking it quickly. Why must you follow me everywhere?! she thought angrily, giving an audible growl. Think of something else. . . She ordered herself, her eyes just now focusing on the Beta resting just outside of the den. I wonder how she became so. . .Distant. She pondered, giving a weak, pitying smile. "Just like I used to be." Juniper whispered, her eyes still locked on the young female. I just hope she gets over it before I did. she thought, closing her eyes and exhaling deeply. She'll be fine. she sighed inwardly, feeling herself begin to drift to sleep. She'll be just fine. . .

"What is this, big brother?" Questioned a sleek, tawny-coated pup, probably of about seven or eight months. "Ha!" chuckled a second pup: A larger, darker male. "You should've listened to mother and father better, Juniper. This is snow!" "Snow?" Young Juniper repeated, placing one of her paws into the fluffy substance. "Yup!" Yapped the male, his fur rising in satisfaction of his knowledge. "What do we do with it?" Asked the little tawny female. "We do THIS!!" Bellowed the darker male, taking a flying leap into a snow-drift. "Angus!" Cried Juniper, bounding after her brother, and, seeing him to be uninjured, pouncing on him and starting a snow-blurred tussle, eventually being pinned by her brother, Angus. "Ack!" She yapped, wriggling out of his grasp and darting away. "Can't catch me!" She taunted, a giant smile on her face. "Is that so?" Yelled Angus, racing after her, his smile just as wide. Joyfully, the two romped in the snow, their playful cries rising as puffs of fog into the afternoon air.

"Angus?" Whispered the young female as the two curled up beneath a large evergreen, dusk light tinting their pelts orange. "Hm?" mumbled the male, glancing over at his sister, his amber eyes meeting her golden ones. "Do you think that you will ever leave the pack?" "Why do you ask? You want me gone?" He asked, a smile in his eyes. "No! That's not it at all!" Barked Juniper, growing stiff, "It's just that. . .I'd. . .I don't want you to ever leave. . ." She muttered, her little white eyebrows lowered with worry. Smiling, the amber-eyed male replied--"As long as you're here, I'll be here. You don't need to worry about me going anywhere." Then, snuggling up against the female, he whispered soothingly--"I'll be right here. . ."
I'll always be right here. . .

Juniper smiled in her sleep, her fur fluffed up against imaginary cold and her mind repeating that nostalgic sentence; rolling it over and over 'till it faded into dark dreamless nothingness.

I'll always be right here. . .  

Reyas.
Notes:
None.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Shield made his way up the hill, with Anslo at his side. The rain started to reach his skin, and the cold breeze didn't help much. He felt like shaking from cold, but kept himself in. As he walks near the den he notices Ahora, Reyas and Juniper, but where is Bramble? He rolls his eyes and turns back, howling deeply to the female. He hopes she can hear him through the rain, because the storm is rising fast. He turns around again and walks into the den, shaking his pelt dry. Not as dry as he was hoping, but at least if would help for the cold. He went to lay down in one corner of the den's opening, but his thoughts wouldn't let him rest, he knew he had to tell the beta.

He grunted and got up again, walking out of the den to the beta. Giving another long sigh he looked at Reyas. "I had another meeting with that creature, he was in Foxglove. He must have watched us all day, but didn't make his appearance until we started to head back." he said unwillingly to her. He wasn't sure what it was, but he definitely saw it, black as a shadow, walking through the trees. Chills went up his spine by the thoughts of it.

He felt anger every second he was with the beta. He just wanted to turn around and run away, coming back when he fully calmed down. But he had his responsibilities, he knew it would be wrong to do so. He still had to prove himself. He hates to be underestimated, and thats everything he feels when he's with her, the stubborn, arrogant beta.

Mentioned: Ahora, Anslo, Bramble, Juniper
Notes: BRAMBLE COME HOME!
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 2:37 am

Rey had been sleeping almost peacefully, something she hadn't done in a long time. The rain beat down gently on the beta's body, lulling the female into an endless darkness. If only she could stay that way forever... Rey shook herself awake, furious with abandoning her duties. Then again, as she looked around, almost nobody was there. Which was definitely a problem. Where's Bramble? Crap. Rey had time yo think before she shot up, pacing the area. Everyone else seemed to be sitting or sleeping, she realized. Juniper was dozing and Rey decided not to wake her. The multicolored fae was about to go off by herself to find the missing huntress when a howl made her ears flatten to her cranium. Shield and Anslo were back. Wonderful... exactly what I needed right now. Reyas searched with her emerald optics until she found the two males. To her surprise, the grayscale hunter walked right up to her. To her disappointment, the kindness he once held in his eyes was gone. My fault, like always. Rey straightened. It was her job as the beta to ensure everybody's safety.

"I had another meeting with that creature, he was in Foxglove. He must have watched us all day, but didn't make his appearance until we started to head back." Rey tried to hide the anxiety in her paling face. This was again her fault. She should have patrolled the territory and made sure their lands were safe. It was up to her to do that now. Looking at the hunter again, Rey could see how she'd hurt him. Lowering her voice, Rey spoke only to him. "Look, I understand if you want to hate me for the rest of your life. I won't stop you. I was out of line before, and I'm sorry... that I ever made you feel like you were below me. Because you aren't." Rey looked at the hunter with her emerald eyes. She didn't deserve forgiveness. Juniper was right. It's my job to keep the peace, and I failed you. So now I'm going after Bramble. We can't have that thing in our midst while she's out there. I only hope I won't fail at this as well. Rey took a deep breath and stared at the hunter. "I sure as hell don't deserve it... but if you could find it in yourself to forgive me, I'd be grateful. I'm sorry I failed you." Rey turned away from Shield, giving him no time to reply. That could wait. Bramble couldn't.

Speaking to everyone else who was awake, Rey had to shout over the wind. "One of our own has gone missing and has yet to return in this storm. Something else lurks in the land that only I take responsibility for letting in. I'm going to go find her. Rey lowered her tone a smidge. I leave Juniper in charge. Shield, I need you to stay behind at the den and make sure everyone keeps safe. Anslo, come with me. Rey would need the warrior at her side in case things got ugly. Turning to leave, Rey caught Shield's gaze before dropping it and looking to the rest of her pack. Brook was nowhere to be seen, but Rey wasn't worried about her. She'd turn up. "Stay safe everyone. With that Rey bravely turned and headed off, motioning her head for Anslo to follow.

Mentioned: Everyone
Addressed: Everyone
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 5:18 am

The warrior had seated himself beside the snoozing Juniper after arriving in the den. Shield went to speak with Reyas, and Anslo wanted to give the pair privacy. Looking around the den, he noticed Bramble was not present. His eyes turned to the storm outside and he grimaced, it looked to be getting worse already. Hopefully the hunter was on her way back.

Not even a moment after thinking that, Reyas was speaking, addressing everyone. Something lurking...? The warrior didn't understand what she meant, was it related to what Shield had seen back at the meadow? What part had Reyas played in letting it in? And just what was it? He half didn't want to find out, but it sounded like a threat, which Anslo could not tolerate being in the pack's territory. When he was told to accompany the beta to search for Bramble, Anslo stood and nodded.

He cast a look to Shield, bidding the hunter farewell, and padded over to the departing Reyas. The wind whipped his fur about and the rain was as cold as ever, but the warrior brushed it aside and spoke to the beta. Raising his voice to make sure it wasn't swept away in the wind, Anslo asked, "Where are we to head?"
___
Mentioned: Shield, Juniper, Bramble
Notes: Boop.
Back to top Go down
Reyas

Reyas

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:49 am

Rey started to walk away from the den, leaving what she now knew were her friends and loved ones behind. You're in a pack now, Rey. Accept them. She scolded herself. The rain was pouring down on her pelt, the fur dripping with water. She would find Bramble, it was her duty as beta. She needed Anslo along as well, to help her keep her guard up with whatever was out there. Gach gá dúinn a dhéanamh ná scoilt suas ... í a fháil , agus a fháil ar ais . Agus ansin beidh mé dhéanamh cad is gá dom a. Rey thought to herself, glancing at the warrior walking beside her. The rains hadn't gotten much stronger, and Reyas was grateful for that. It seemed like it would only be a downpour, nothing more.

Catching the warrior's eyes, Rey tilted her head. He looked confused. "What, not scared of a little rain, are you?" She smirked, ducking under a fallen log and lifting her nose to the air. Bramble's scent was faint, and seemingly everywhere. Rey would have to search most of the territory, while keeping an eye out for the rogue. Looking at Anslo again, Reyas detected something else among his features. Oh, right. He doesn't know does he? Clearing her throat, Rey spoke to the warrior. "Keep your eyes open for a dark figure stalking us. I assume you know the drill for an assassin, being a warrior?" Rey asked, curios. Anslo was like her. A fighter. She wondered how long he had been training. Something to ask him when they weren't looking for a lost pack member amidst a mysterious being.

"Where are we to head?" The gray warrior asked. Rey looked over at him again. "That depends if you want to split up or not." The multicolored female spoke, her tone focused. "I was thinking Tatanka Springs, as I think Bramble was recently there. The next closest location we might want to check is Sinapu Mountain." Rey didn't want to split up, she felt safer with the warrior at her side, but she knew what had to be done. She was a fighter. She was strong. She could handle whatever came at her. Looking at Anslo with determination in her eyes, she waited for his input as she headed in the direction of Tatanka Springs.

Mentioned: The Pack
Addressed: Anslo
Notes: My next post will be in Tatanka Springs
Back to top Go down
Juniper

Juniper

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:51 am

Juniper awoke as Reyas began to speak. In her dazed, barely awake state, the old Fisher only heard bits of the announcement: "One of our own has gone missing. . . .Something else lurks in the land. . . . Going to go find her. . . ." Blinking slowly, Juniper stifled a yawn as she listened to the Betas next words I leave Juniper in charge. . . ." After that, the female stopped trying to pay attention. Me? In charge? She thought, quickly giving a nod to the Beta. It's been a long, long time since I've been in charge. giving a small smile, she added silently, other than being in charge of fishing, anyway. Hearing Reyas parting words, Juniper stood, saying "You be safe, too." Sitting back down, nodding at Anslo as he went to join Reyas, she thought; what was that she said about "something lurking?" hair raising on her back, she thought Whatever it is, I hope it's hiding from the storm.

Addressed: Reyas.
Mentioned: Anslo, Reyas.
Notes: sorry for the short post/poor post quality, I'm typing this on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 8:15 am

Shield nodded to the beta and turned back. She set Juniper in charge, understandable since she's the eldest, but he knew his position, the defender. He was build for muscle as well as speed. He watched as Reyas and Anslo disappeared, and prayed softly for their safety. He turned back and hardened himself, walking back to the den. He started howling, hoping to identify Bramble's location.

Thoughts ran through his head as he paced up and down at the mouth of the cave. He never thought Reyas would apologize to him... "Look, I understand if you want to hate me for the rest of your life. I won't stop you.
I was out of line before, and I'm sorry... that I ever made you feel like you were below me. Because you aren't. Juniper was right. It's my job to keep the peace, and I failed you. So now I'm going after Bramble. We can't have that thing in our midst while she's out there. I only hope I won't fail at this as well. I sure as hell don't deserve it... but if you could find it in yourself to forgive me, I'd be grateful. I'm sorry I failed you."
He felt the pain creeping up his chest. He just wanted to burst out and let all his emotions speak for themselves. He knew she offended him, but he felt bad to keep it against her. He overstepped his boundaries, he ordered her around. I forgive you, Reyas... He felt ashamed, it was never her fault, but his.

Up and down a young wolf ran, warming up his muscles. Overgrown, it was clear he was too big for his age. "Faster, you're going too slow!" an angry voice barked. The younger one quickly picked up pace and putted force into his shoulders and muscles. After a nice few rounds, he was all warmed up and ready to train. He circled with the older wolf and kept leaping at him time after time, but was quickly pinned down hitting the ground. Where's the force?! Come on Shield, go throw it again!" the young wolf gasped for air and got up. "Sorry father, I forgot..." he told the older wolf. "Alpha! Never address me as that, its a embarrassment to be called your father!" the older wolf snarled and hit the young one down again. Training for a warrior, but never had the heart to kill... too much is expected from a 1 year old pup...

The grey hunter looks down at his shoulder. Pinned down hundreds of times, took many hits, and no one knew except for Teresa... it never healed correctly. All these years have passed and still he sits with the injury that would last a lifetime, aching with every step he takes. He takes it as his punishment for what he did...

He remembers his conversation with Anslo. The only ones he ever really talked to is Anslo and Reyas... it was time to change that. He put on a half-smile and approached the old fisher. "Hi. You must be Juniper, right?" was the only words he could get out since he had never talked to her before.

Mentioned: Reyas, Anslo, Bramble
Notes: hopes to make a new friend for Shield
Back to top Go down
Juniper

Juniper

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Juniper looked up as the wolf she knew as Shield approached. Uh oh, She thought, lowering her little white eyebrows. Another troubled youth. She forced herself to raise her eyebrows to their normal hight as he drew closer. "Hi. You must be Juniper, right?" He said awkwardly, obviously not very comfortable. And who would be? The way I acted earlier, I looked like I was about to chew his head off! She thought, remembering a bit ago when she had pulled Reyas from their argument. "Yes, I am Juniper. And your name is Shield, correct?" She asked, plastering on her "I'm-socially-acceptable-face" and giving him a warm smile. "I remember you from earlier, at the springs." She continued, not feeling like mentioning the little "incident" from earlier. Not sure what to say next, she did something she always does when not sure what to do; she stared into the young male's eyes, trying to read them, and possibly understand why he was talking to her at all. She had looked into many, many eyes in her life, and rarely were they this easy to read. He was troubled, that she already knew, but they also held a great guilt within them, and pain. Oh, lovely. She thought sarcastically, How many of these will I have to 'advise?' No longer attempting to hold her pleasant expression, she said bluntly, but not unkindly, "You have a wound within you that you are not letting heal, but instead fester and become a deeper hindering. And that is not the way to live." And, making sure her voice didn't carry farther than between themselves, she asked, narrowing her eyes and giving a sly smile, "You are not very skilled at hiding your troubles. Give it up, Shield. Do you wish to tell me why you hold this wound?" Even though she knew she might offend him and drive him away, or that he would just blow it off, she felt inclined to ask anyway. Why, she didn't know. She had never been one to want to help others, or really care about anyone much in the first place. Maybe old age can change one's heart. She mused silently, waiting for a reply from the Hunter.

Shield.
Notes:
Juniper just can't keep her questions to herself.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 5:15 pm

"You have a wound within you that you are not letting heal, but instead fester and become a deeper hindering. And that is not the way to live."
Shield frowned. How can she possibly know about the wound? He forced himself to stop limping 2 years ago! How?
"You are not very skilled at hiding your troubles. Give it up, Shield. Do you wish to tell me why you hold this wound?"
Now Shield understood. Not physical pain, but emotional. And she was right, but did he really want to talk at all out again?

He give a sigh and started talking. "Guess thats my biggest weakness, heh? My eyes giving me away... there's not much to tell..." he says looking down, hoping she cannot read him again. "I just grew up hard, thats all. With lots of violence, yelling, pain and murders. It leaves a scar." he said pawing the ground.

Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 5:47 pm

A dark figure? Something about the sound of it made Anslo uneasy. Reyas spoke as if it was something other than a wolf in the territory. And it was an assassin? There had been a couple wolves of that rank in his old pack, and he remembered them all being cunning, devious creatures. He wasn't eager to come into contact with such a being, but if the safety of the pack was in question, the warrior would do what he had to.

"If this dark figure lurking about is even slightly akin to the assassins I have known, I can handle it." Assassins worked in stealth and shadows, but usually lacked in brute strength. While the rain provided plenty cover, this figure would only get one chance to surprise him. And since one chance likely wasn't going to be enough to fell the massive warrior, they would be forced to either flee or fight him. Daring overconfidence, Anslo knew who would win that fight.

"We should remain together." The warrior said when Reyas brought the subject up. "We can watch each other's backs that way. And if there is really something out there, our odds are better if we do not split up." Anslo wasn't afraid of leaving the beta, but he knew that if things came down to a fight, he'd rather have her beside him. He preferred engaging this figure two on one.

However, he had to remind himself that Bramble was the priority here. This figure was only a side concern and they would only deal with it if it showed up. The warrior followed Reyas as she went in the direction of Tatanka Springs, where she thought Bramble might be. Anslo couldn't pick up any clear traces of the hunter's scent, so he nodded and went after the beta, trusting her judgement. As he moved, his eyes were scanning the area, alert and cautious. He was not going to be caught off guard and he was not going to let this figure hurt Reyas or Bramble. Whatever this figure was, if it dared to confront them, Anslo was going to make it regret invading the pack's territory.
___
Mentioned: No one
Notes: Next post will be in Tatanka Springs
Back to top Go down
Juniper

Juniper

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 10:13 am

As Shield gave his weak explanation, Juniper began nodding slowly, her eyes distantly gazing into his. Once the Hunter was finished speaking, the old Fisher added; "Obviously, there is much to tell, but I won't pry you. Honestly, I really do not want to know." Sighing, she looked away from the troubled young male and towards the bubbling creek beyond. The rain had slowed, and the worst of the storm appeared to be moving swiftly towards the mountains. Now, only a light sprinkle fell from the sky: It was the perfect weather for fishing. Attempting to clear away the lingering awkward feeling of their last conversation, she looked back toward the male and asked lightly "have you ever been one for fishing? It is a great way to clear one's mind, as it takes total concentration." Then, remembering earlier at the spring, she added with some of her old sarcasm, a good-natured smirk growing on her face; "Or are you too terrified of crawdads?"

\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Main den    The Main den - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Main den
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next