Creekside Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CreekSide Shadow, Semi realistic wolf Rp.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foxglove Medow

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Anslo

Anslo

Foxglove Medow - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 4:33 am

Anslo followed after Shield as the hunter made for a small rock structure. There wasn't a good deal of room beneath it, but it would keep the rain off them. The warrior settled down beside Shield, and, not wanting to crowd him, gave the hunter was much space as the area allowed.

"How was your family like...?"

His head tilted to look at Shield curiously before resting on his paws, eyes watching the rain. The hunter seemed to be a better mood, or at least he wanted to talk about other things, and Anslo was happy to oblige. But his family? Anslo didn't think he had ever spoken of them before, where did he start?

"Well..." He began, collecting his thoughts, "I suppose I should start with saying I hail from a pack that never knew much excitement. No enemies, plenty of food; it was a good, close-knit pack. As for my family..." Anslo paused, who to begin with?

After a moment contemplation, he continued, "My mother, Opal, was a healer. She was such a sweet wolf: everyone liked her because there was nothing to dislike about her. She was always willing to help someone in need, no matter who they were." The warrior smiled to himself, thinking of her cheerful laugh and kind voice.

"My father, Mika, died before I ever had to chance to form any memories of him, but I am told he was a strong and brave warrior. My mother said I looked like him. His brother, Vern, was the pack's alpha and the closest thing I had to a father figure. He was the one who trained me as well, and I think he was always hoping I would step up to be alpha once I was older." Anslo chuckled, "We both knew that was never going to happen. I have neither the desire nor the capability for leadership."

The warrior shifted slightly, getting more comfortable before speaking again, "As for my siblings, I was the youngest of four. The eldest, Hester, was the confident and brave one. She also got into the most trouble. I do not know what she chose to do, but I would not be surprised if she became the alpha. Then came Nox, my other sister, who was never at home within the pack. She left not long after our first birthday, seeking her own way in the world. I thought she was foolish at the time, but not a year later I found myself leaving, too. And lastly my brother Flint. He was a small wolf, but a smart one. He had my mother's intelligence as well as her heart, and he became a talented healer just like her."

He sighed, suddenly filled with a sense of melancholy. It had been two years since he had last seen his family. Was his mother still alive? How was the pack doing? Fixing his eyes on the cloudy sky, he went on. "Hester and Flint remained behind when I left, as did my mother. Aside from them and Vern, I did not interact much with the others. I imagine the rest of the pack did not miss me for very long. The pack was very strict about it's roles. Hunters were hunters, healers were healers; there was no working beyond your rank. I look back at it now, and I think that is a foolish system, but back then, as a warrior, I was close to useless. I suppose it was wise to keep warriors around, just in case, but more often than not we were unneeded. I suppose that is partially why I left."

Anslo finally fell silent, and he didn't think he had ever spoken so much in one sitting before in his life. Surely Shield hadn't wanted to hear all that. "I am sorry, I did not mean to ramble so." He said sheepishly.
___
Addressed: Shield
Notes: Jeez, sorry for writing a novella.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 am

Shield heard the warrior speak out his whole family. He was surprised that he had no extra dark secrets to keep to himself. "I am sorry, I did not mean to ramble so." the warrior said. Shield actually enjoyed just listening for a once, but he knew he had to bring his part of the conversation as well. "Its fine. Sounds like you had a wonderful family, Anslo." he said to the warrior, taking a deep breath, gathering info about his family...

"My mother was an omega, sweetest wolf I've ever known... he said as he recalled her name. "Teresa... beautiful ocean blue eyes with fur of the lightest grey... the softest voice and personality... she made me so calm..." he closes is eyes. With a frown of anger he opened his eyes. "My father was a warrior, but later became an alpha. Force..." he said baring his teeth. "Force was his name. He was stone-hearted, a true murderer..." he closed his eyes again and relaxed. "Hudson, my eldest brother, was also a warrior. Big, brave and muscular. Field, my twin brother, was also a hunter. We had the same coat, but he had is mother's blue eyes, where I got my father's yellow eyes. Zena, my youngest sister, assassin. She was as sly as a fox, always so quiet, did great at her job."

He took a breather and then continued. "Haven't seen my siblings since that incident..." his eyes shot open as he talked too much. He tries to cover his words. "Both my parents were killed in the incident, and I left before I could say goodbye." he rolled his eyes. Nice work trying to cover your words with even more effective words, Shield. he thought to himself. He looked straight forward, waiting for the warrior to respond.

Mentioned: X
Addressed: Anslo
Notes: X
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 4:18 am

Listening to Shield speak about his own family made it clear to Anslo that the hunter had come from somewhere far different them himself. All the talk of warriors, murderers, and killers...was fighting a common thing in his pack? If that was the case, Anslo couldn't imagine being raised by violence. He knew Shield wouldn't want to be pitied, but Anslo couldn't help but feel bad for the hunter.

The mention of an incident had piqued Anslo's interest. Shield didn't seem too keen on elaborating, and while the warrior didn't want to push him, Anslo was still curious. Was it something to do with his siblings? Or Shield himself?

"I do not wish to pry, but what is this incident you speak of?" He asked, looking at the hunter.
____
Notes: Half of this post was written in full caps before I realized caps lock was on. :/
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 am

"I do not wish to pry, but what is this incident you speak of?" the warrior was heard. He rolled his eyes, knowing he got himself into the situation. He did not want to mention the whole incident, but deep down knew the warrior meant well. Maybe he would take the history in better than Reyas...

He took a deep breath. "My worst enemy... it was his fault my mother died. He murdered her, he killed my father..." he said coldly lowering his head and ears. "I meet him almost every day of my life, and fight him when I can." he looked away from the big figure of muscles. "I was raised in torture, violence, laughter was not allowed in my childhood." he raised his head again and looked at the warrior again. "My enemy ruined my life, he is a dark murderer with no soul." he said to him, with a slight sense of warning. He gave him a look meaning "You've already met him...", not knowing if he is good at getting unspoken words, but he knew he silently said it to the warrior.

Mentioned: Reyas
Notes: Uncovering bits and pieces of his past... lets see if Anslo got the message...
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 am

Shield's words made Anslo's brow crease with a mix of concern and confusion. What was Shield talking about? What sort of enemy would commit a terrible act like that? And how could he continue to come after Shield? Hadn't the young hunter been through enough?

Then Shield looked straight at Anslo and suddenly the warrior understood. Anslo's eyes widened as the realization dawned on him. "How-" His words failed him and he could only gape at Shield in shock. The male couldn't comprehend how someone like Shield, who seemed so friendly and earnest, could possibly do such a terrible thing. Was his nice demeanor a ruse?

A long moment passed before Anslo forced himself to relax. Shield was not his enemy; what had happened in the past was in the past. In the time he had known Shield, the hunter had proven he was not this monster, and he was certain of that. But Anslo still had to know.

"Why?" The warrior asked quietly, his voice hardly audible over the downpour outside. "Why would this enemy do such an awful thing to you and your family?"
___
Notes: Ah, yes, good ol' Anslo. Prying into people's pasts more than he should.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 6:08 pm

"Why would this enemy do such an awful thing to you and your family?"
Shield knew the warrior knew exactly who the enemy was, himself. He knew Anslo knows what he did, that he is now in danger of being chased away. Still, the warrior seemed to calm down and to not start growling or shouting, to his relief. Why, now why would the warrior accept this, this murderer...

Shield looked down to his paws, avoiding eye contact with the warrior. "You don't have to play dumb, I know you know who I'm talking about." he said rather understandingly. "It happened about 3 years ago, my mother told me not to go, I was so upset, I didn't listen." he said. He closed his eyes and calmed down, trying not to talk so messed up. "Force was training me, we had a fight and I just got so upset, I wanted to run away, just for a while. She told my not to go out in the storm, but I didn't listen. I knew exactly where I was, when that bear just cam out of nowhere. I thought it was over, I said my last goodbyes silently in my thoughts. I never knew she would be so brave, the brave omega, she died by... saving my life. Her broken body, I knew she wouldn't make it...." he looked to his side, not facing the warrior, letting out mournful tears. "I lied down with her, I could hear her heartbeat weaken. Her last few words I will never forget, when her heart stopped beating..."

He is silent for a while, he knew the worst is yet to come. "I never heard the end of it. My father threatened and criticized my every day of my life. Until that last day... the day I finally had enough... I challenged him as a pup, a pup against the big alpha. I thought I stood no chance, but he trained me, first for a warrior and then to be an alpha. I knew my fighting, I was the best between the pups." he said. "I... I don't remember much, all I remember is that last moment that I slammed my teeth into his throat, after he wounded me heavily. It was my last hope for life. When I realized what I was becoming, I let go." he looks down again. "But it was too late. He had no more power left inside of him, and before I could stop him, he fell off the cliff..."

He is silent another while, thinking about his siblings. "I left right after, so that no one will know what I did. Never said goodbye to them, I was to ashamed." he said pawing the ground.

Mentioned: X
Notes: eeck...
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 2:34 am

As dreadful as Shield's story had been, Anslo was slightly relieved to hear it was not as bad as he'd thought. The warrior had pictured some frightful slaughter at first, where Shield had decided to turn against his family during some malicious rage. It was still a tragedy, but Anslo didn't think Shield needed to blame himself so.

"I am so deeply sorry about what happened to your mother," the warrior said, looking at his friend, "but your father I can find no pity for. You have described him to be a cruel, unloving figure who brought about his own demise. A parent is meant to love and care for their children, not treat them like tools. Forgive my brashness, but he deserved what he got." There was anger in his tone, which Anslo was surprised to find. He was not the type to anger easily, but there was something about Shield's father that disgusted him.

The warrior might not have known his own father, but he could remember Vern. He could remember the sharp criticism during their training, but he could also remember the encouragement and support the alpha had given him. Vern had never been overly harsh with him, only scolding when Anslo had done something dangerous or foolish, and he had always been there to provide advice to the growing warrior. Anslo imagined that was how a father was meant to act.

If only Shield had known a father who knew how to be one.

After a moment, Anslo looked directly into the hunter's eyes and added, "Shield, I think you blame yourself too much. Life is not meant to be lived full of guilt and regret. All this happened three years ago and you cannot change it. Do you really think your mother would have wanted you to carry such a burden? Do you think she died so that you could continue kick yourself over it years later?" It was a low blow, and Anslo did not enjoy saying such harsh things, but the words needed to be spoken. He just hoped Shield would listen.
___
Notes: Zoinks.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 7:47 am

"Shield, I think you blame yourself too much. Life is not meant to be lived full of guilt and regret. All this happened three years ago and you cannot change it. Do you really think your mother would have wanted you to carry such a burden? Do you think she died so that you could continue kick yourself over it years later?"

Shield looked back up to the warrior. "It still stays my fault. There are better ways to handle situations which does not involve the death of two wolves." he looked back down. "I was just too blind to see it. She deserved to live more than I do." he said coldly.

He thought a while and realized Anslo was right. He revived a memory of his mother's words. Don't focus on the past, or you'll miss the future... he sat back up straight again, facing the pouring rain. "I have never told this to anyone. I believe its weakness to reveal your pasts. But you, you're different. I told you that I'm a murderer, and still you're sitting here next to me, comforting me." he said pawing the ground. "You're not noticed much, are you? I never really took the time to get to know the members, I was afraid to loose them. Juniper, Ahora, Brook, Bramble, you, even... Reyas." he looks back to the warrior. "Its nice to finally have a friend."

Mentioned: Reyas, Brook, Ahora, Juniper, Bramble
Notes: X
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Anslo smiled to hear Shield refer to him as a friend, then replied, "I do not see the wolf beside me as a murderer. Rather, he is and always will be my friend." The warrior looked to the hunter, then out at the rainy landscape beyond their shelter. "He may have had a unhappy past, but he is loyal and brave and has a good heart. It may not be in my nature have many friends, but I am proud to count him among them."

Anslo's smile broadened, and he decided it was a good time to change the topic. As much as he had appreciated Shield opening up to him, their shelter was starting to hurt his back. 

"Now," He began, "I am afraid I must say that for an individual of my size, this abode of ours is a little cramped. Are you ready to return to the den? Now that you are Reyas have had time to cool off, I daresay you two ought to talk about whatever happened. Best to address it rather than let things simmer, eh?" Anslo shot Shield a glance to see if the hunter would agree.

He was fairly confident Shield was up to it, but the beta? Anslo wasn't so sure. While he thought well of her, Reyas seemed a little unstable with her emotions. Hopefully, Juniper had calmed her down back at the den. The older fisher was a level-headed wolf, and Anslo would have to trust her.
___
Mentioned: Juniper, Reyas
Notes: Wrote this on my phone, beware errors.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 4:55 pm

The warrior kept amazing him. He was so good-hearted, and his advice was accurate.
"I am afraid I must say that for an individual of my size, this abode of ours is a little cramped. Are you ready to return to the den? Now that you are Reyas have had time to cool off, I daresay you two ought to talk about whatever happened. Best to address it rather than let things simmer, eh?"
"Yah, you're right. Lets go then, this cave isn't getting warmer." he said with a light smirk.

He gets up and shakes off, starting to wander off in the rain. The storm wasn't harsh, he could still see where he was going. He gave a trot next to the warrior, moving quite fast through the rainy weather. He scans the area, his thoughts kept telling him they were not alone. Everything seemed to be in place, nothing looking suspicious.

Shield just stopped. He looked straight into the few trees there was. He saw a movement... his eyes do not leave the place. The fur on his back raised as he was the figure walking into the trees. The figure knew they were there, he knows Shield is watching him. Chills go up and down his spine at the thought of that figure knowing every step they take. Have he been watching them all day? All week?

He trots back to Anslo, but the frown doesn't leave his face. He knew he had to report it. Not to just anyone, to Reyas. I'm not gonna talk to her. he just simply thought to himself. His thoughts kept haunting him along the way. He knew his duty after this, but really, did he have to report it to the beta? Yes Shield, you have to. Its not like you're gonna apologize and beg her to be your friend, its just to report it. he thought to himself. After all, she started the argument...

Mentioned: Reyas
Notes: next post in The Main Den
Back to top Go down
Anslo

Anslo

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 9:29 am

"Yah, you're right. Lets go then, this cave isn't getting warmer."

With a relived sigh, Anslo crawled from the cave. The warrior stretched out his stiff form, groaning as his joints cracked. Much better... He thought.

Anslo kept up the easy pace beside Shield, glad the rain wasn't falling too heavily. Hopefully it wouldn't get as bad as the previous night. The hunter stopping makes Anslo frown in confusion. The warrior paused and looked back at his friend, who in turn seemed to be looking at something beyond the meadow. Anslo glanced in the direction of whatever Shield was staring at, but couldn't see anything.

When Shield started moving again, Anslo shrugged it off and went with him. The hunter hadn't said anything, so it was probably just an illusion conjured by the storm. Nothing to worry about. As they left the meadow and entered the treeline, Anslo idly wondered if the rest of the pack would be at the den already. He wouldn't want to be out in this weather for long. Even with his thick pelt, the rain was chilling and while it wasn't coming down too heavy, that could change at anytime.
___
Addressed: None
Mentioned: Shield
Notes: Random post, next one will be at the den.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foxglove Medow   Foxglove Medow - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Foxglove Medow
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creekside Shadow :: Roleplay :: The Territory-
Jump to: